22 Jun: Botanical Art In Watercolour & Mixed Media Workshop With Botanical Artist, Lucinda Law at POLLEN, Gardens by the Bay
Immerse yourself in one of the most popular and experiential botanical art workshops in town lead by botanical artist, Lucinda Law, at Pollen Terrace, Gardens by the Bay. Ideal of beginners and all levels of art practitioners who wish to cultivate a joyful art practice using watercolour and mixed media techniques and deepen the appreciation of nature.
Sign up by 10 June 2019 to enjoy the discount in Single Visit Classes and 4-Week Packages.
First-time students get 5% off course fees. Key in ARTWITHIN2019 on our Peatix workshop listing.
Regular students get 12% off. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book directly.
This exclusive 2.5 hour botanical art workshop is inclusive of:
• Use of workshop materials (for Single Vist Classes only)
• Free entry to the Flower Dome.
• Guided tour of the Flower Dome by Lucinda before the class
• POLLEN breakfast set of pastry & a choice of beverage
Through a series of demonstrations and one-on-one guidance, you will learn an invaluable range of painting skills and tips to gain confidence over your own practice for long-term practice:
• Wet-in-Wet: Learn about ultimate guide to water ratio and timing.
• How to achieve an attractive mix and blend of colours without it turning murky or chalky.
• How to maintain the translucency and vibrancy of watercolours
• Common troubleshooting tips
• Colour Blending: how to achieve a smooth blend of gradual colours
• Wet-on-dry: We simplify the essential steps to the dry brush techniques which often cited to be difficult and challenging.
• Tips, drills and practice to achieve details and definitions in your work
• Combination of painting techniques: why, how, when to use them for what effects?
• Adapting the techniques and find your own styles.
• Overcome your fears of colour mixing: how to unlock the magic combination of your colours in your palette.
• Introduce to new 'must-have' colours for your palette and how to combine them.
• How to paint challenging colours such as whites, black and yellow flora.
Our upcoming workshop dates for 2019 are –
Term 3: June 15, 22, 23, 29
Term 4: Sep 7, 14, 21, 28
All classes start at 9am - 11:30am on Saturday mornings at Pollen Terrace, Gardens by the Bay.
Write to us at email@example.com for more enquires.
Lucinda Law is a botanical artist, teacher, writer and founding director of Within, a nature-led creative studio and consultancy. She has worked on over 40 collaborations and commissioned projects with companies such as Leica, Chanel, Bentley, Mulberry, Aesop, Banyan Tree, Changi Airport and more. She is the first Arts & Graphic Ambassador for Faber-Castell Singapore and the first Brand Ambassador for Diptyque Singapore.
www.lucindalaw.co || Instagram: @lucinda.law
For other workshops, course, small-group or corporate workshops and overseas creative retreats, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
I look forward to welcoming you to share the love of nature, beauty and art in our creative date together.
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
Single Visit Workshop SOLD OUT $145.00
- Venue Address
- 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953 Singapore